Here are some helpful links about using the terminal and command line:
- This (Links to an external site.) is a great cheat sheet for many linux commands
- Bash commands and shortcuts, directory options, file operations, permissions, pipes, and more
- Run Graphical Linux Programs Remotely (X Forwarding)
- MTU help on running graphical programs on a remote Linux machine through an SSH connection
- Do you want an enhanced terminal for Windows with an X11 server, a tabbed SSH client, and several other network tools for remote computing (VNC, RDP, telnet, rlogin) that brings all the essential Unix commands to Windows desktop? Try using MobaXterm!
- Here is how to use PuTTY with Xming
- Tmux settings (designed to work with both newer & older versions of Tmux)
- Want a desktop Linux distribution? Try Linux Mint.